Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday Links

- The WNBA is celebrating Breast Health Awareness Week right now, and WNBA.com has a touching story from Storm forward Swin Cash. In 2001, when Cash was a junior at UConn, her aunt lost her battle with breast cancer.

"For me when she died in 2001, that was a really tough year all together," Cash
explained. "I felt awful because the whole year I was just not normal because
there were so many emotions that I was going through and I was trying to be
strong for my mom."
Cash's charitable foundation, Cash for Kids, is planning an event in her aunt's honor to benefit the American Cancer Society.

- On Sunday, the Storm held its season ticket holder party at The Garage Billiards and Bowling in Capitol Hill. I was there helping out and it was really a lot of fun for the players as well as fans. Check out a photo gallery from the event.


Joshua Huston/Storm Photos

- Sorry for the late notice, but right now I'm listening to Sue Bird, Brian Agler and Anne Levinson on KUOW 94.9 FM. I'll edit in a link to the podcast when it's up on kuow.com. And here it is! It clocks in at a cool 54 minutes, so have some time cleared on your schedule before listening.

No comments: