In case you haven't seen our press release, tomorrow night's Game 1 of the Storm-Sparks playoff series will air at 11:00 p.m. tape delayed on FSN locally. The game will also be available live on NBA TV, and that broadcast will be replayed. If you can't watch the game live - or even if you want to watch it again or TiVo it - that's a great alternative. I'll also be offering our Live From Press Row liveblog from courtside at the STAPLES Center during the game, so make storm.wnba.com part of your Game 1 plans.
Some odds and ends:
- If you didn't see it, I put together a preview of the other playoff series using teams similar to this year's squads.
- WNBA.com polled its writers on year-end awards, and Sue Bird shares their imaginary MVP award with Candace Parker, both players getting two votes.
- Oh, did I mention they'll both be on the floor tomorrow night at 7:30 p.m.?
- Mechelle Voepel of ESPN.com has her playoff preview up, and as usual it's hilarious and not to be missed. Voepel also cast her MVP vote for Bird.
- If you haven't read The Olympian's recent column on the Storm, it's a must-read on a topic one of the Seattle dailies ought to consider for a column, the team's success contrasted against what has unquestionably been a tough year for local sports fans (speaking as one of them).
You can mope all you want, Washington sports fans. But what the Storm have
given you this year is top-notch, home-owned excellence. Ignore them at your own