Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sue Bird Expects Great

The stars of the two newest WNBA Expect Great commercials (debuting during tonight's Fever-Liberty game on ESPN2) are former UConn teammates Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi, who filmed these ads in Seattle a couple weeks ago. Check them out:



In addition to talking about the commercials, Bird also touches on a number of other topics in the latest installment of the Bird & Dee blog - Taurasi's birthday party after the Storm beat Phoenix at KeyArena on June 11, the Storm's loss in Los Angeles (and the dunk) and the Storm missing out on a trip to the White House after winning the 2004 WNBA championship.

And for some reason, we didn't go after we won our WNBA title a few years back. We were actually just talking about this the other day. I don't know why we didn't go. I don't know what happened… Maybe there was a war… Something a little more serious than meeting a professional sports team. So I'm still a little pissed about that. But, you know, he's a busy guy, so I guess I can't blame him for that.

Now I guess we'll have to win another title… or maybe they'll have us if we win gold at the Olympics. (WOW, I just got a glare from Lauren… When I said "the Olympics," she gave me the evil eye! Man, this is the last time I blog in front of her.)

Look forward to an Expect Great commercial featuring the Storm's Lauren Jackson (as well as one with Phoenix's Cappie Pondexter) in the near future.

No comments: