Friday, May 23, 2008

More WNBA.com Love

I can't imagine WNBA.com is going to continue featuring the Storm at quite the same pace after the team's two early-season national TV appearances are past, but right now I could probably just coast and let the .com do my work for me.

The latest feature catches up with the Storm's holdover stars, Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson.

Here's Sue and Lauren on the news that Force 10 Hoops L.L.C. would purchase the team and ensure its future in Seattle.

LJ: "I was so happy. Seattle has a wonderful fan base and it would have been a shame to see everything that we have worked for and achieved be thrown away. Seattle is an amazing city and I'm so proud to play for the Storm. The new ownership also offers another wave of excitement. Having a group of women who are passionate about our sport taking the lead is inspirational."

SB: "I was very excited when I heard the Storm would be staying in Seattle. Our new owners are very passionate about women's basketball and I truly believe this team belongs here. Our fan base is amazing and deserves to see this franchise continue to grow. On a more personal level, I really like living and playing in Seattle so I really couldn't be happier."

And there's plenty more like that. WNBA.com also has up a video feature previewing the Storm's season with some great behind-the-scenes footage from a practice at KeyArena last week.

No comments: