Thursday, August 23, 2007

Storm Ready to Go

After taking Wednesday off, the Storm went through its final practice in preparation for taking on the Mercury starting tomorrow. During the portion of practice open to the media, the Storm was again working against Phoenix's 3-2 zone with Adia Barnes playing the Diana Taurasi role of rover. Talking to Adia afterwards, she's been very impressed with how the Storm has played this week in practice.

Storm Head Coach Anne Donovan cited the "good focus" in practice this week and praised the practice unit for playing as close to Phoenix's style as possible.

Most of the discussion after practice centered on the relationships on both sides. Speaking of that, I need to work on my feature on that topic.

Update: As I transcribe, I want to make sure I find a place for this quote from Sue Bird on comparing the Storm with the Mercury:

"Their inside game is not as tall, not as Lauren Jackson as ours is."

No comments: