Wednesday, October 15, 2008

More From Jackson; Euroleague Opener

Sue Bird, Lauren Jackson and their Spartak teammates are preparing to tip off Euroleague play tomorrow against Famila Schio in Vidnoe, Russia. For now, another article from the Aussie press on Jackson's future. She reiterated to The Border Mail that she is giving thought to whether to play in the WNBA prior to the 2012 Olympics. Jackson was also asked about her more immediate future in the league as an unrestricted free agent.

"I can’t see myself doing anything differently, that is, playing for Seattle, but I’ve got a good couple of months to think about it and where I want to play," she said. "I feel like the pressure is off and I can take my time with what I want to do. But Seattle is my home over there and has been for eight years, so I can’t see a move happening."

One other question from that article: Is the phrase "on cards" in Australia instead of "in the cards"?

While Spartak plays tomorrow, Swin Cash's ZVVZ USK Praha opened up today, falling 78-62 to Union Hainaut Basket. As best I can tell, Cash was playing her first game for USK Praha. She came off the bench and showed some rust, shooting 1-of-8 from the field in 13 minutes of action. Cash's four rebounds were tied for the team lead. It was a rough shooting game in general for USK Praha, which hit 35.5 percent from the field while Hainaut was near 50 percent. Teammate Lindsay Whalen scored 11 points but shot 3-of-12.

Look for USK Praha to pick it up as Cash is integrated into the lineup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin,

"On cards" is not an Australian saying, it's just poor journalism :P haha

Can't wait to see LJ back on the court

Anonymous said...

The phrase is australian and is actually on the cards meaning most likely