The countdown is on to Opening Night 2008, which is 156 days away, now that the Storm's 2008 schedule has been released. I've already written about 10 big games during the 2008 season, but I wanted to share a couple of other notes in this blog.
- Games by month:
Month H A T
May 3 2 5
June 6 5 11
July 5 5 10
Aug/Sep 3 5 8
- That chart doesn't really reflect how tough in terms of road games the end of the Storm's schedule will be. 13 of the team's first 21 games are at KeyArena, which means of the last 13, nine will be played away from Seattle. Getting off to a strong start will be important.
- There is no road trip of longer than two games until late July. The Storm has a four-game road trip from July 18-25 that is the team's longest of the season, then plays three games in five days just after the return from the August break.
- The Storm has two back-to-backs, both in June: June 3/4 at New York/Detroit and June 13/14 at San Antonio/Houston. That's tied with the Liberty for the fewest back-to-backs in the league.
- It's mentioned in the press release, but worth noting: 11 of the Storm's 17 home games will be played on the weekend.
- Semi-interesting random note: The final regular-season game at Los Angeles will be precisely the 300th in franchise history, and the home finale against Atlanta will be the 150th home game for the Storm.