Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Checking in with the Dot Com

I hope most of you check out WNBA.com on a regular basis, but if not you're missing some great content this week, including some Storm information.

- Have You Seen Her? Iziane Castro Marques
WNBA.com's series of off-season Q&As turns its attention to the Storm's Brazilian sensation, focusing on how Castro Marques became a WNBA player.

Q. At what point did you realize that you were a good enough player to really pursue it professionally?
A. "When I was 15, I decided that I wanted to become a pro. That brought a lot of change in my life because I had to move away from home to Sao Paulo to play with a professional team and with the youth national team. And then when I was 19, I had the option to either go overseas to play or to stay in Brazil. I decided to give it a shot overseas and see how it goes… to see how good I am. From there, maybe I'll be good enough to play in the best league, the WNBA. I played in Europe and then I had the option to come to the WNBA, so I was like, 'Yup!'"

- Snap Judgement 2007
WNBA.com is picking the photo of the year tournament style by fan vote. One of the final eight contenders is a favorite around the Storm offices - Tamika Catchings (playfully) squaring off with Lauren Jackson at the All-Star break, when they were the two leading contenders for MVP. LJ and Tamika are trailing a photo featuring Diana Taurasi, the star of this competition, and Cappie Pondexter, so be sure to vote by Sunday.

- Donna Orender Chat
Lastly, the WNBA president took time out of her busy schedule to chat with fans on WNBA.com earlier in the week. Check out what Orender had to say.

No comments: