Wednesday, July 18, 2007

LJ in SI

Lauren Jackson is featured in a profile in this week's Sports Illustrated by Kelli Anderson. While the general theme - How Lauren Got Her Groove Back - should be familiar to Storm fans, there are still some very interesting tidbits.

She still has two fractures in her left shin. "I don't know if she got used to the pain or what," says Storm trainer Kyla McDaniel, "but she hasn't complained."

"I still have days," says Jackson, "but as long as the fractures aren't getting any worse, I'm not going to let them hold me back anymore. After last season I decided I was either going to play all out in the off-season or not at all. A little practice here, a little practice there was driving me crazy. I couldn't get in a groove."

Go give it a read if you haven't already.

No comments: