Thursday, October 4, 2007

Simi Blogs

Long-time Storm center Simone Edwards blogged from Chile during the FIBA Americas Championships. You can check out her posts at the Radford Women's Hoops Blog. Edwards is beginning her first season as an assistant coach at RU. (Credit to StormFans.org for the link.)

Edwards' travel and lodging situations were aggrevating, and Jamaica lost its final game to Mexico despite losing much of the way, but she still enjoyed cheering Anne Donovan, Sue Bird and the rest of the U.S. team to victory.

"The US was impressive in their win and showed off their young talents and veteran leadership," wrote Edwards. "I cheered for them and in return they cheered for me when I got my award for most points in the tournament. I hugged Anne and congratulated her for the gold and she did the same for me and my award. It was a good to take that final picture with coach Donovan with the trophy and me in my Radford top. It seems like a great end to a lovely career as a player and a new start to an exciting one as a coach."

Make sure to go read the whole thing. We'll check in from time to time on Radford and Coach Edwards during the course of the season.

No comments: