Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Fantasy Note

Many months ago, before the start of the season, I posted on the Storm WNBA Fantasy League and said I would update our progress throughout the season. Well, obviously that promise was not kept but I do want to give belated credit to our eventual victor, Ticket Operations Coordinator Derek Long.

Throughout the year, Senior Coordinator of Sales & Marketing Analysis Kris Kolehmain led the league on the strength of Lauren Jackson's performance. Kolehmain got LJ with the third pick, after Diana Taurasi and Tamika Catchings. When LJ missed two games late in the season, Kolehmain's team was knocked off track and Long pulled the upset in the finals.

As for your humble blogger, the defending champion, I finished the year in fourth place. That allowed me into the playoffs but meant a tough matchup with Kolehmain in the first round, which I narrowly lost.

There's always next year. We're just seven months away from next year's fantasy draft, right?

No comments: