Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Donovan Joins Liberty as Assistant

Former Storm Head Coach Anne Donovan is returning to the WNBA, this time as an assistant coach. The New York Liberty announced this morning that Donovan, who grew up across the river in New Jersey as a fan of the New York Knicks, will join Pat Coyle's coaching staff for the 2009 season.

"It is very exciting to have the opportunity to return to the east coast and join the Liberty family," Donovan said in the team's release. "Since the league’s inception, I have been impressed with how well this organization has been run and I look forward to assisting Pat in putting the most prepared and competitive team on the floor each night."

Donovan will make her return to Seattle with the Liberty on Aug. 8.

2 comments:

Q McCall said...

I was assuming she would be looking for a head coaching job...this is a bit of a surprise to me...has she addressed that issue at some other point?

Sue Frantz said...

I was expecting her to return to college coaching. I'm also surprised.