Tia Jackson addresses the crowd. /Storm Photos
A record crowd of more than 350 Storm Season Ticket Holders filled the East Gym of Hec Edmundson Pavilion Saturday for the Storm's annual Winter Warm-Up Event bringing together the Storm and UW Women's Basketball. They heard from a variety of guest speakers, including UW Head Coach Tia Jackson; Lisa Brummel, Ginny Gilder and Anne Levinson from the Storm's ownership group, Force 10 Hoops L.L.C.; CEO Karen Bryant; and Head Coach Brian Agler, who offered the latest on the Storm's plan as the 2009 roster is built via free agency.
The program concluded with a raffle for 10 items, highlighted by a t-shirt and Perfect Storm poster signed by the entire 2008 roster. Afterward, Season Ticket Holders made their way to watch the Husky women give Arizona State a tough fight behind a 29-point effort from guard Sami Whitcomb.
Other highlights included:
- A surprise appearance from Phoenix Mercury GM Ann Meyers Drysdale, calling the UW-Arizona State game for FSN. Meyers Drysdale was (jokingly) hexed and told to keep away from Storm free agent Lauren Jackson.
- Brummel leading the Season Ticket Holders in chants of "Go Storm!" and "Go Huskies!"
- An impromptu group "Happy Birthday" to Levinson, a four-year-old fan and a Storm employee.
- Standing ovations for the ownership group and Agler.
- Fans having the chance to videotape their favorite memories as part of the Storm's 10th Anniversary celebration (stay tuned for this opportunity at future events).
- Make sure you're invited to future exclusive Storm events by becoming a Season Ticket Holder.
Three Season Ticket Holders share their memories. /Storm Photos
A full house listens attentively /Storm Photos